Thursday, July 26, 2012

Butter London The Old Bill

Ah, work has me really stressed out this week. I have so much to do and my progress has been so slow that it's discouraging, which makes it even harder for me to concentrate and continue to make progress. Have you ever felt like that? *sigh*

Thank goodness I have a new pretty polish to cheer me up! Butter London's The Old Bill is a copper bronze with a smooth metallic finish.







Sometimes when you think of bronze, there is a rose influence that goes with it, but I can't detect much rose tint at all in The Old Bill. It is a burnished copper, more brown than pink. Depending on your skin tone, this color can blend into your skin, but in a good way. It comes across subtle and elegant, but still with a flash of color.

The formula on this is amazing! So smooth and buttery, it flows onto the nails without any issues. It has great color payoff and is opaque in two coats. Often with metallics, you will see brush strokes, but not so much here. Once it dries, almost all the brush strokes are gone, and all that is left is the perfect copper sheen. This really is just liquid metal-on-nails perfection! :-)

You can find The Old Bill on butterlondon.com for $14 for 0.4 fl oz, or as part of the Heavy Medal Collection of three polishes for $36.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

20 comments:

  1. beautiful!! I really like that this doesn't have a heavy rose tone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I agree, I love The Old Bill:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHHH!!! I want I want I want!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hehe, I'm glad you like it! It's totally gorgeous. Maybe you can add that to your BL wishlist. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. It looks good on you - it might be quite like Misa Teddy Bear, and I was sure it would be awful on me, but it blended as you describe - in the good way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you think so! Yes, I think it is similar to Misa Teddy Bear. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. It looks so nice on you! Nothing like pretty, shiny nails to stare at to perk you up :) Don't be stressed. Work is just a means to an end, lol. Hang in there, Yun. Hug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! Yes, you're right, I shouldn't let work get to me. *hugs back* :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. gorgeous color!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt like you many times! But you should not stress yourself any more, because you only harm yourself. It usualy helps me that I try to forget about time limits and then work starts to go faster by itself... And yes, polishes can help a lot to cheer us up! =)) This one is gorgeous! I'm not a fan of similar colours because I feel that they are hard to work with, but this one looks flawless on you! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. You are right, I should not let work stress me out because it also slows me down. I will try to remember that. I'm glad you like the polish! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. These colour reminds me of china glaze swing baby. Pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh this is a very pretty color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a gift certificate for a department store a while back and I ALMOST bought this. Had I look at swatches before I think I would have bought this. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Aww I suffer from polish-remorse often, either buying something I didn't like as much as I thought or not buying something I really like lol. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...