Monday, October 29, 2012

OPI Moonraker

Today, I've got another personal favorite from OPI's Skyfall Collection to share with you. Moonraker is a bluish gray metallic that dries to a fascinating chrome finish.






I love this polish, both for its color and for its chrome finish. For me, this is the first gray I've ever worn that actually looks good against my skintone, and I'm totally thrilled! I think it's due to the blue tint, which helps to soften the gray and make it more wearable. I've had Moonraker on for the past five days, and I'm still totally digging it. :-)

This polish has a somewhat tricky formula. If you don't let each coat dry for at least 5 minutes before applying the next one, you will see a streaky mess. But even if you mess up and do that (which I did), once it dries, most of the mistakes even out and become almost imperceptible. It applies initially as a metallic, but dries to a stunning chrome finish, and I needed just two thin coats for opacity.

You can find Moonraker at your local nail salons and beauty stores for $8.50 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains a product that was provided to me by the company for honest consideration. How I obtain the products does not influence my opinion. For more info, please view my Disclosure Policy.

16 comments:

  1. Ohhh I love this one, but I know what you mean they do become a little streaky at times but its nothing unfixable! Lovelyy!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blue tone in it really helps, it really looks great on you. Perhaps this would be a grey toned polish I could wear too, thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for a gray polish that is more wearable, definitely give this one a try. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. Whoa, that looks so different on you than in the bottle! No wonder you love it, it looks totally cool on you. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know if I have the patience for its application but you did it perfectly! I thought it would be full of brush strokes but the great colour seems worth it :o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The color is definitely worth it! And the brush strokes aren't too bad once the polish dries, so I don't mind. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. I saw these in Ulta a couple days ago and I was struck by how different this one looks irl in the bottle as opposed to in photos on the nail... Kind of fascinating, really. Interesting, too, that it's so temperamental. Clearly worth the effort, though... It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think it's worth the effort for sure. ;-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. Woah! Yun this colour is such a great one, and it looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was my least fav of the collection...which is weird because I love metallics! The color looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see why some might not like this. It is quite a temperamental polish. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. Cute but I definately couldn't pull it off x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought the same, but it surprised me once I had it on. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...