Fast forward to earlier this month and the Glossybox subscription's first box was on sale for only $12.60! I could not resist and as fast as my little fingers could click, I signed up. :-) I finally got my box, and I wanted to show you guys all that I got.
Everything came in the signature pink box with the Glossybox logo. I'm a huge fan of the box itself. It's so sturdy and well-made, and is perfect for storing random trinkets, pictures, and loose odds and ends. This month's theme is "Glamour, Glitz, and Gloss". Here are the items in my box:
- Heartland Fragrance Epsom bath salts in White Ginger - 5.5 oz. (retails for $10 for 30 oz.)
- This is for bath or shower, but since I rarely take baths, I will probably use this to exfoliate in the shower as the instructions recommend—if I can get over the smell. It's so strong that the whole Glossybox reeks with it. I don't like the smell as is, but maybe it will mellow out once mixed with water.
- Forest Essentials Madurai Jasmine & Mogra Bath & Shower Oil - 3.38 fl oz. (retails for $22 for 6.8 fl oz.)
- This is another bath/shower item in the box. For me, I will be using it as a moisturizer after showering. This is scented, and I'm liking the smell quite a bit. It's flowery and feminine while still being light and clean so that it's not overpowering.
- mark. Lipclick Luxe Lipstick in m.powerment petal - full size of 0.106 oz. (retails for $12)
- This is probably my favorite item in the box. The lipstick packaging is so cute, with the shiny pink casing that clicks when you close it. The shade is a neutral pink with some mauve undertones. I'm so happy that Glossybox decided to include a wearable shade instead of something like orange or brown that may not work for everyone. I'm just super happy with this item. :-)
- Pleats Please by Issey Miyake - 0.03 fl oz. vial (retails for $92 for 3.3 oz.)
- Eh, I don't like this scent. It's really strong and makes my nose twitch. It went into the trash immediately. Then I had to go fish it out because I realized I hadn't written about it yet lol. But scents are always so personal, so my experience may not match yours.
- Wella Velvet Amplifier - 0.05 oz foil packet (retails for $16 for 1.9 oz.)
- This is a styling primer, but since I don't style my hair at all, I don't have anything useful to say.
- Zoya Nail Lacquer in Ziv - full size of 0.5 fl oz (retails for $8)
- I love nail polish (as you guys know lol) and I love Zoya, so I'm quite happy with this. Ziv is a gorgeous gold, in fact one of my favorite golds. Since I already have this color, I will probably give this bottle away as a gift. Here's a swatch from my post on Ziv.
- Jewelmint jewelry - Madison Avenue Ring (retails for $29.99)
- This was my most anticipated item of the box and the most disappointing. I had seen other's boxes with cute earrings and necklaces, so I was eagerly awaiting mine. As soon as I saw that my item was a ring, I knew it would not work for me. My fingers are tiny, so the ring is too comically large for me. Although I know not every jewelry item can satisfy everyone, I'm not sure why rings would be sent out at all. Ring sizing is so specific that the majority of people who got rings probably could not wear them.
What do you guys think of this month's box? Do you subscribe to Glossybox yourself? Let me know what you got in your box.