Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Butter London Fiver

Hi you guys! :-)

I'm really excited to be sharing with you today my favorite from Butter London's Spring 2013 Sweetie Shop Collection and one of my favorite spring-time colors this year. Fiver is a lovely fresh minty green with a creme finish.






It was pretty much love at first sight for me and Fiver, and I managed to snag the last of bottle of this at Ulta during their last sale. And I'm so glad I did! I usually have trouble wearing minty greens... something in the lightness and the yellow tint of the green makes it not ideal with my skin tone. But Fiver and I totally meshed. It's light enough to be pastel, but not so light that it looks washed out. And the green leans just ever so slightly blue without any yellow tint. Ah, minty perfection! :-)

The formula is pretty awesome, too. It goes on smoothly and evenly, pretty much like butter. The first coat is a little streaky, but the second coat evens everything out and achieves opaque coverage. And it all dries to a nice, glossy shine.

You can find Fiver on butterlondon.com and at select retailers such as Nordstrom and Ulta for $15 for 0.4 fl oz.

38 comments:

  1. WOW! That looks absolutely stunning on you! You may be right, this looks like the perfect minty green! And it does really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color, mints are my favorite nail polish to wear and this one looks flawless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I adore mint colors too, and this one is just perfection! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. This is such a pretty mint! I agree, I think it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty color. I can't really get enough minty green polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Yun - a high five to Fiver!!! Utter perfection on you!!! Any mint, aqua and inbetween color is along with lilac my favorite this spring!!! And whenever you end the review of a particular collection I am always on the tip of my toes which one you will show us next, so YAY for the BL's to come!!! - Christine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine! I'm glad you like this one! And you are so sweet to say that. <3

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous! I'd love to have this polish in my collection but Butter London is crazy expensive here in Sweden and I think they've stopped selling them now. It really is a perfect minty green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like this! It really sucks that you can't get BLs in Sweden though.

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  7. I really is sooo gorgeous, and so lovely light in color - lovely swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wearing this right now and I love it! I snagged the last bottle at my ulta too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's beautiful! If I wore minty greens more often I would totally snag that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could never wear a pastel like this one, but I can easily acknowledge how pretty it looks on others. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey Yun! :) this is so pretty and it does suit you perfefctly

    ReplyDelete
  12. You wear his color just so beautifully, Yun! Nice to hear this one has an amazing formula, too. I'm really tempted to pick up Jasper, if all these Butter pastels apply so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl, I'm glad you think so! The whole collection seems so pretty! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  13. That is so beautiful!! I love minty polishes for spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Martha, I totally agree. I love mint for spring too! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  14. Oh. Em. Geee! That color is AMAZING! So freaking pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooh, what a gorgeous shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  16. these pastels are gorgoeus.. too bad we're going into Autumn down here in Australia!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these are gorgeous too! Nothing wrong with wearing pastels all year around ;-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  17. I never thought I would actually say it but... those pastels simply drag me every time!
    This one is gorgeous, beautiful and so cool!!!
    I wonder how long it will be before I cave in and order it...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...