Tuesday, April 2, 2013

China Glaze Sci-Fly By

Hi you guys! I've got another pretty holographic polish to share with you today from the China Glaze Hologlam Collection. Sci-Fly By is a light sky blue that dries to a linear holo.






This is such a beautiful blue, and it's one of my favorites from the collection! :-) The formula is great, and I had no trouble at all with application. Each coat looks metallic when you first apply, with the holo effect showing up once it dries, which doesn't take long. And it's just the standard two coats for opaque coverage.

Just a quick note about the prices of this collection - they are more expensive than other China Glazes at $14 a bottle, and I wanted to pass along that according to China Glaze, that's due to the higher cost of the particles needed to make the holo effect. The good news is that a lot of beauty supply stores are selling these for cheaper than that, so take a look around for a good deal before you buy.

You can find Sci-Fly By at your local nail salons and at beauty stores such as Ulta and Sally Beauty for a retail price of $14 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

27 comments:

  1. Looks very pretty on you! What a pretty polish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. $14?! Hahaha, okay, sorry, this really is a gorgeous blue and it's lovely on you, too. I've been one of the throngs who's totally excited for this collection to hit shelves, but $14!? The Color Club Halo Hues are more holo than these are and they didn't start charging double... :?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe the $14 price tag is high, but I hear a lot of beauty places are selling it for cheaper than that. Definitely check around if you want some of the Hologlams. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  3. Great swatches, I don't know if I'm willing to spend on these though. This looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like the way this looks! :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  4. Looks lovely ^^ But yeah... 14 dollars. What a joke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the way it looks! As for the $14, yeah that's quite pricey, but it looks like a lot of beauty stores are selling this collection for less than that. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  5. yummmmmmm........... this one is gorgeous!
    Naturally, I would not pay $14 for this one, so I am glad I got it for less. But actually, while I paid $100 for the entire collection of 12, I know that it is now sold for a lot less, which lowers the price for each to about $5 or so. That's a reasonable price! So anyone - before you buy - do some research ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I'm glad you like this one Jin! And thanks for the tip on getting this collection for a good price. It looks like lots of places are selling it for much cheaper than $14 a bottle. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  6. This is seriously so beautiful! Im in love lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pretty but the price is not my favorite thing. I think I'm only going to end up getting a few of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like this one! Definitely look around for a good deal if you end up buying any from this collection. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  8. It is one of the prettiest from this collection...

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i see why is one of your favorites! so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow that is expensive. Lol. It's a very pretty blue, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the blue! $14 is a bit expensive, but it looks like lots of places are selling for less than that. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete
  11. not sure if i really love this one. i mean it's pretty but i like my holos to be rainbow crazy. it would probably be awesome for stamping though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, this collection is definitely not in-your-face rainbows lol. :-)

      ~ Yun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...