Tuesday, October 29, 2013

OPI Ski Slope Sweetie

Hi, you guys! Hope your week is going well. :-)

Today, I'm kicking off a selection of colors from the OPI Mariah Carey Holiday 2013 Collection. It's a large collection (18 polishes!) and I have quite a number of gorgeous shades to share with you, so please bear with me as I go through this set. :D First up is Ski Slope Sweetie, a sheer white with tons of golden iridescent shimmers.






This is such a sparkly and interesting polish. The shimmers in here are strong, flashing predominantly gold, but you'll also see bits of green and pink. In fact, the shimmers are so striking that they dominate what you see on the nails, making the polish appear more gold on the nails than what you'd think from the bottle. True to its name, it makes me think of sunshine bouncing off the sparkling spray you kick up as you come to a hard stop on your skis. :-)

The formula is smooth and easy to apply, though a bit on the sheer side in terms of coverage. I did three coats for the swatches, and you can still see a little of the nail line at that. It's a very pretty and unique polish, so to me, it's worth the extra coat. If I were wearing it, I would stick to three coats for a more ethereal look, or wear it over a white base for a more opaque look.

You can find Ski Slope Sweetie at your local nail salons and beauty stores such as Ulta and Dillard's for a retail price of $9 for 0.5 fl oz.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

34 comments:

  1. I like the shimmer but I don't like the sheer formula.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the shimmer! The sheerness isn't too bad to me, but I know that's not for everyone. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't like sheer polishes, but this one looks like it's well worth the extra effort :) It's very unique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely unique. I don't mind the sheerness myself, but if you aren't into that, layering is always an option. :)

      Delete
  3. I had the pleasure to see this loveliness in person. While it is pretty on its own, it looks so much better over red or black base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh yes, I'm sure it would look lovely over red or black. :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh, this is PERFECT!! I'm not a fan of celeb inspired anything, but this is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Liesl, I'm really glad you're a fan of this! Hehe I'm not into the celeb aspects either, but it seems like OPI just did their thang (lots of reds) and put MC's name on it lol. :P

      Delete
  5. It is very pretty, and I was surprised how much the gold shines through here too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I was surprised by how prominent the gold is too. :)

      Delete
  6. It looks really cool that the gold shows more on the nails than in the bottle. It's usually the other way around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely no shy shimmers here! The shimmers totally eclipse the base color. :)

      Delete
  7. This one's a bit too sheer for me to wear on its own, but I'm really looking forward to seeing it layered--that soft, golden finish has a whole lot of potential!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, I think this would be gorgeous layered too. This soft gold would look amazing over so many colors. :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Yun, oh I am so curious what you will show us!!!! I just love this on you, beautiful and no, I could not get away wearing it ;-P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine, I'm glad you like it on me. :)

      Delete
  9. This is such a fun, sparkly shade. I could see it working well as a topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! The soft gold shimmers would look great over a bunch of colors, I'd imagine. :)

      Delete
  10. Wow, this is an interesting polish. Truly unique:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Almost pick this one up them changed my mind and got a china glaze one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting indeed. Haven't seen snow glistening up under the sun, but would love to! Sounds really pretty from your description! :D Hmm though I'd very much love it if the gold shows up lesser and the cool tone white shimmers shows up more. Nevetheless, I think it'd make a great polish for bridal too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe if you put it on top of a white creme and then just did one or two coats of this, you would get more of the white and less of the gold? :)

      Delete
    2. I just saw it in person few days ago, omgosh! love it! yeah, it was swatched on those white based nail wheels there, at the shop -- Soooooo pretty!! But makes me wonder how close this compares to Nicole by OPI Carrie Underwood Sing Like A Bee?

      Delete
    3. Yay I'm glad you like it in person! :D Hmm... good question. I'm not sure since I don't have Sing Like a Bee, but they do look similar.

      Delete
  13. I have to say...this is a really lovely polish. It's so unusual...I wasn't expecting that from the bottle! It's festive yet very elegant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa, I'm glad to hear you're a fan of this! :D

      Delete
  14. I didn't think I would like this very much and I am surprised by how much I do actually love it. I used to hate sheer polishes but now I know that you can do so much with them.
    Great post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! I'm glad to hear you ended up liking this. I think it's really pretty too, and the sheerness means it'll go great layered over another color. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...