Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Nicole by OPI Roughles Collection

Hi, you guys! Hope your week is going well. We had a few days of sunshine, so I totally soaked up the vitamin D. But now it's back to rain and clouds... gotta love the Pacific Northwest. :P


Today, I have the Nicole by OPI Roughles (pronounced "ruffles") Collection to show you. These speckled pastels caught my attention from the moment I first saw the promo pictures. They look so fun and unique, I was just chomping at the bit to try them out. Without any further delay, here they are. :)


Sand in My Shoe
Sand in My Shoe is a pastel yellow with orange specks. This shade makes me think of Easter and marshmallow peeps. :)

Rock the Look
Rock the Look is a sweet girly pink with predominantly red and some purple specks. It's a very confectionery shade, and makes me think of candy and frosting.

On What Grounds?
On What Grounds? is a bright tropical turquoise with mostly blue and some red specks.

I'm Stucco on You
I'm Stucco on You is a pastel lilac purple with mostly blue and some red specks.

Formula-wise, these are all spot on. They're easy to control and apply evenly on the nails. For all, I used two coats for what you see in the swatches. As with most textures, you may need to be a little more aggressive on the second coat in order to fill in all the dips in between the texture particles. I find that it's best to load up the brush a little more than usual on the second coat and do a medium thickness coat for consistent coverage.

It will probably come as no surprise to anyone that I love this collection. :D I think all four colors are so cute and fresh, really perfect for spring. I was initially a bit unsure about these because I don't generally like texture polishes without any shimmers or glitters, but the colorful specks totally won me over. They're so fun and add an interesting dimension to the pastel shades, making them look like Easter candy or speckled Easter eggs. I think the colors also go really well together and would be fun as a skittles mani, which I'm definitely going to try this upcoming weekend. :)

What do you guys think of this collection? Yay or nay? Which one(s) will you be taking home?

You can find the Roughles shades at retailers such as Kroger, Kmart, Fred Meyer, and CVS for $7.99 for each 0.5 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

34 comments:

  1. On What Grounds? looks amazing :D It's my favorite out of all of these

    ReplyDelete
  2. These have such a fun texture! Its great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like them. I think they are really fun too. :)

      Delete
  3. Such gorgeous nail polishes! They are so perfect for spring x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't sure about these at first, but they are actually really pretty! I love them for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you ended up liking these. I think they are just awesome for spring too. :)

      Delete
  5. This collection is really quite sweet. It makes me think of cupcakes and sprinkles and milkshake and ice-cream and now I'm craving something sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it makes me think of dessert too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

      Delete
  6. I simply love these - and your swatches make me crave for them!!! I am so with you - those specks make them really beautiful as I don't care for empty textures either (screams wallpaint to me). Actually they look like frosted matte glitters - no? So glad I don't have to choose a favorite because they are out of my reach here ;-P (you hear my wallet sing, right?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christine, you always have the most kind words for me. <3 Yep, the specks are amazing and totally make these polishes. :) There are no shimmers in these, just creme textures with specks. Hehe it's good that your wallet has some relief every now and then. ;)

      Delete
  7. I love the colors, they are very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer the ones that have a glittery texture but they are still pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually prefer shimmery/glittery textures myself, but I do love these. They're just so cute. :)

      Delete
  9. I need some Vitamin D as well! haha
    The colors of these polishes are all gorgeous, I'm just not a huge fan of the texture but well, I'm generally very picky when it comes to textured polishes. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we're finally getting a stretch of sunny weather this week, but it was rainy and cloudy for the weekend, of course... just can't win lol. I'm glad you like the colors, at least. Textures are so personal, so I know what you mean. :)

      Delete
  10. hmm.. I'm like you, usually don't go for textures unless they have sparkle in them.. but i'm thinking: if you like them then I probably will too!! I really like the new China Glaze Goddess collection, so I may like these too... awesome swatches =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gosia! Yes, I think you'd like these too. Usually creme textures look like weird wall texture to me haha, but these don't at all. The specks in here make them super cute. :)

      Delete
  11. These are really cool! Like Easter eggs! I wasn't sure I was a fan of textured polishes, but I just tried one of the first time (I'm late, I know!) this week and I am LOVING it!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe better late than never! Be careful though... once you get sucked into textures, it's hard to stop lol. :) I'm glad you like these... I think they are perfect for spring, just like Easter eggs. :)

      Delete
  12. These are perfect for Easter. They almost look like gums or something... I want to chew them.. lol.
    (^^,)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe they really are perfect for Easter! So cute and fresh. :)

      Delete
  13. On What Grounds is my favorite. Beautiful texture polish collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really like On What Grounds too. It's such an intense teal. :)

      Delete
  14. Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.... not a fan. I feel like the Debbie Downer of textured polish. I either love them or hate them. No in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it's ok, I understand. I think texture polishes are so personal. It either looks awesome to you, or it looks awful. :)

      Delete
  15. I am not a big fan of these. I like my textured polishes to be super glittery and this just doesn't do it for me. But kudos to them for making a unique textured polish. They are cool looking but I am glad I'll be able to save my money on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like really glittery textures, these definitely aren't it. But yay for your wallet hehe. :)

      Delete
  16. These are yay to me all the way! One of the most unique texture cremes I've seen. So spring-like and definitely Easter-like! My top pick, is Sand In My Shoe seems like the most unique shade of texture polish to me. Hehe! Next...On What Grounds? Followed by Rock The Look. Both of these looks like frosting to me. Nevertheless, great colours! I'm Stucco On You, is no doubt another wonderful colour too! Heck, I'm going to pick up all four if I see them released here. Gosh, I wonder how long I'd have to wait.. (They haven't release Carrie Underwood's collection here either =_=) Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like these! :) I heard others are having trouble finding these as well, and I haven't seen them in any stores myself. I hope they become available to you soon... these are too cute to pass up. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...