Wednesday, July 2, 2014

NARS Anarchy - 3.1 Phillip Lim Collection

Hi, you guys! We're in the middle of a mini heat wave, and it's times like this that remind me I don't actually like summer weather. I'm much more suited to the milder climates of spring and fall. :) Hope you are keeping cool wherever you are. :)

Speaking of fall, we're already starting to get a taste of what this upcoming season will hold for nail polish. For fall 2014, NARS and fashion designer Phillip Lim have come together for the 3.1 Phillip Lim for NARS Nail Collection, which features 9 limited edition shades inspired by "colors that exist in the shadows". I'm excited to have one of the colors to show you.




Anarchy is a light vanilla beige with warm undertones in a creme finish. It has a good formula, though a little streaky, which is on par with other light nude cremes. It's easy to apply, self-leveling, and nicely builds up coverage with each coat. It's opaque at two coats, but I added a third coat for the swatches to even everything out. I have to say that it's a surprisingly flattering shade for a neutral: fresh, sophisticated, and chic. And it looks fantastic against the summer tan I've acquired on my hands. :)

You can find Anarchy at NARS boutiques and narscosmetics.com starting July 15th and at Sephora and department stores starting August 1st for $20 for 0.5 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

24 comments:

  1. I love a good cream colored polish - it's very pretty and looks so good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a nice light vanilla shade on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. While Nars is a bit out of my budget (and also unavailable in my country) this is a gorgeous shades. I love vanilla-coloured nail polishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's definitely on the pricier side of things. I'm glad you like it though. :)

      Delete
  4. What a pretty nude, I really like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh, it's been too long since I've treated myself to some NARS. Anarchy is just beautiful on you... I can't wait to see what else this collection has to offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liesl, I'm glad you approve of this color. There are a few other colors in this collection that caught my eye. There's a dark bronze and a blue/gray, both shimmers, that I may have to pick up. :)

      Delete
  6. It really does look fantastic on you. Great summer colour! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I'm surprised how much this color pops against my tanned skin. :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Yun, gosh what a perfect shade on you!!!! Your subtle tan and this shade of cream are a made for each other!! And I am not too concerned about streakiness too much if it is paired with selfleveling abilities (which is a rare combination though) - as always gorgeous post, beautiful pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine! Thank you, I'm loving how this color pops against my tan. I usually think of bright neons colors as looking great with tans, but now I'll have to keep my eye out for more neutrals to wear in the summer. :) <3

      Delete
  8. This is such a beautiful soft neutral! I've been looking for an off white cream color for a while... I might get this one since it would probably be ok at 2 coats if I did nail art over it which is mainly what I would use it for... NARS is a bit pricey though :(

    Random side note... I feel like the name doesn't match the polish. This polish seems very classic and office safe to me so it's not what I would imagine with a polish named Anarchy

    - Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Steph you're right, I didn't even think of the name. :P It definitely doesn't match the polish. It might be more suited to call it "Peace" or "Orderly" lol. :D I'm glad you like the color! It really is an effortlessly chic and clean shade. Since NARS is a little pricier and you are adding nail art over it though, maybe the exact shade isn't as important and you can find something else close to it that's cheaper? :)

      Delete
  9. What a pretty light colour. So deliate. I like it and I think you look good in it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm so glad you like it! I think it's so pretty and chic in a classic way. :)

      Delete
  10. I've already fallen in love with this color! It's so pretty and I think it would be great for every time of the year! <3
    I don't enjoy the heat too much as well, spring & fall are my favorite seasons too. It's just waaaaay to hot to do anything and I always feel like I'm melting (well, actually I am, or at least my make up is haha)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I'm glad you like it! It's one of those colors that's so effortless chic and understated. :) I'm totally melting too. I finally found a primer last year that keeps my eye makeup on, so at least that's staying put now haha. Before it would just slide off my face after an hour of sweating. :)

      Delete
  11. I don't like hot weather either, so I totally feel your pain. This is an interesting neutral. I like how warm it looks. I have never tried any Nars polish but I may have to see what this new collection is like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get so grumpy in the summer time haha. I'm glad you like this. I think it's a really interesting neutral too, wearable and chic. :) There are a few other colors that caught my eye from this collection, so I'll have to check them out once it's released. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...