Thursday, July 31, 2014

OPI Ford Mustang Collection

When I was in high school, I loved reading Nancy Drew mysteries. Here was this super cool girl who solves crimes and helps people, all the while remaining witty, unflappable, and likable. And Nancy drives a Ford Mustang! As an impressionable youth, that fact seared itself into my mind and throughout the entirety of my teen years, the Mustang remained my dream car.


Needless to say, I was pretty excited when I saw the collaboration between OPI and Ford to celebrate the Mustang's 50th anniversary, and I've now got the six-piece collection in my paws to show you. :)


Angel with a Leadfoot
Angel with a Leadfoot is a crisp white with a creme finish. Though I usually don't wear white by itself as a mani, I do think that the look is pristine and chic. The formula is easy to apply, though still streaky at two coats, so I went with three for the swatches.

50 Years of Style
50 Years of Style is a bronze-y gold with lots of shimmers in a metallic finish. This color is a warm gold without being too yellow, thanks to the bronze undertones, which makes it more wearable than your typical gold. Since it's a metallic, you will see some brush strokes, though they aren't too noticeable if you apply with a light touch. I used two coats for the swatches.

Girls Love Ponies
Girls Love Ponies is a medium hot magenta pink with a creme finish. The formula is pigmented with no application issues at all. I used two coats for the swatches.

Race Red
Race Red is an intense reddish orange with a creme finish. Since it leans more orange than red, the name is a misnomer. :P I had no trouble with the formula, and I used two coats for the swatches.

The Sky's My Limit
The Sky's My Limit is a bright teal-ish blue with tons of gold and blue shimmers in a glass fleck finish. It's incredibly vivid and sparkly, my favorite of the collection. I used two coats for the swatches.

Queen of the Road
Queen of the Road is a black with fine silver shimmers and a metallic finish. I used two coats for the swatches.

Overall, it's a cool concept for a collection. And it has a fun mix of colors, some fairly typical for OPI but a few standouts too. The Sky's My Limit is a favorite of mine from the collection due to its bright shade and awesome sparkly-ness, and I also love 50 Years of Style for being a feminine wearable gold.

What do you think of this collection? Which ones will you be picking up? And did you have a dream car growing up? Let me know in the comments. :D

You can find the Ford Mustang shades at your local nail salons and beauty stores such as Ulta and Dillard's for a retail price of $9.50 for each 0.5 fl oz bottle.

** This post contains product(s) provided for honest consideration.

24 comments:

  1. I wonder how do 50 Years of Style and Queen of the Road compare to Love.Angel.Music.Baby and 4 In The Morning in terms of colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're actually quite different, at least to my eyes. Paint Those Piggies did a great comparison of those exact colors here :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the link. Will check it out now.

      Delete
  2. Great swatches and review! Not the most exciting collection to me but there's some nice colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa! Yep, I feel the same... that it's got some fairly standard colors with a few standouts. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm probably not getting of them, but they sure look pretty - and I love Angel with a Leadfoot!
    Thank you for really great swatches!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I don't often have just a white creme as a full mani, but swatching Angel with a Leadfoot reminded me that I should. White's such a clean, pure shade. :)

      Delete
  4. Nancy Drew!! My sister was such a fan. She had a nice collection of the hard cover original series and the Nancy Drew Files, too (I always loved how Carolyn Keene described her outfits and her hair :) ). Race Red... oh my gosh, BUY ALL THE REDS!!! lol. I think it might be really close to BL Ladybird ♥ The Sky's My Limit is gorgeous, too... bright red and glassfleck, man! I haven't bought an OPI in forever, anyway. Gorgeous swatches as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I'm pretty sure I have all my old Nancy Drew books at my parents' place still. I treasured those books, and would reread them often, picturing myself as Nancy Drew, of course. :) Hehe... I'm the same way with bright greens ("buy them all!"). Race Red's close to Ladybird, but I think Ladybird's solidly in the red while Race Red is definitely more orange. The glassfleck on The Sky's My Limit got me too... it's amazing! :)

      Delete
  5. I really want to see this collection in person. I have a feeling that will determine which colors I will pick up. I've always wanted a convertible, any kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A convertible! Yep those are awesome. Though now that I live in the Pacific Northwest, which rains 9 months of the year, I don't think it's feasible. :)

      Delete
  6. Great swatches once again! I really like The Sky's My Limit - it's to die for :-D Quite tempted by the look of Angel with a Leadfoot - but I've got Alpine Snow and it's really good!

    I'd buy the blue for sure - it stole my heart right away :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! <3 Hehe the blue is AMAZING! As for the white, I think if you have Alpine Snow (which I hear is a fantastic white creme), you probably don't need Angel with a Leadfoot... all the white cremes look alike anyways. :)

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous post and pictures dear Yun!!! I love this collection as a whole and would even go as far as to suggest it as a perfect wardrobe for a nail paint beginner - it has something of everything. My favorites are The Sky's My Limit and the black one - have a lovely Friday xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Christine! <3 Yes you're right, this would be a great set of colors to start out with. I love collections that are diverse and has a little bit for everyone. Hope you have a wonderful Friday too! Yay for end of the week. :)

      Delete
  8. The Sky Is My Limit is my favourite. Different than others. The white and pink one... and the red one :) are my picks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the blue for sure! And I thought the cremes are nice, basic shades that every polish lover should have some version of. :)

      Delete
  9. I learned to drive in a Mustang... they're pretty fun to drive! ;) I personally really want a Mini Cooper... I just think they're so cute and kind of vintage-y and also seem like they would be fun to drive... I also might have been influenced by The Italian Job lol

    I really really love The Sky's My Limit I love blues and the shimmer in this one makes it even more beautiful! I'm not too wow-ed by the other polishes but I would maybe pick them up if I found them on sale since they seem like good basics with good formulas :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, learning to drive in a Mustang must have been so cool! Hehe every time I watch The Italia Job (I love that movie), I always notice the Mini Coopers and think they must be fun cars to drive. :) I'm glad you like the blue. The shimmers in there are spectacular. :)

      Delete
  10. The sky's my limit is my most favorite. Blue always been my colour :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blues are a favorite of mine too, so I was automatically drawn towards The Sky's My Limit, not to mention the awesome shimmers it has. :)

      Delete
  11. I think Christine has a point, the collection is nothing special shades wise unless you are starting a nail polish collection, or you are particularly interested in For Mustang. I personally don't think I'll get an of them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has some great basic colors that aren't too interesting, though I think the blue's pretty special and it's unique in my collection. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...